Leave a Bequest
The John Paul II Centre for Life warmly invites you to leave us a lasting legacy in your Will.
Bequests like the one you are considering, are vital to ensure that our work continues well into the future.
As a not-for profit, non-governmental organisation, the John Paul II Centre depends on the support of people like you who reverence the gift of life and uphold traditional marriage and family as the bedrock of our society.
Leaving a gift in your will – no matter how large or small – is a simple but powerful way to help us build the Culture of Life.
Your Legacy can…
- Help pregnant women to triumph over fear, isolation or poverty and to parent well, by ensuring they get compassionate care and support
- Help us bring life-changing education to mould young minds, so that they will cherish each human life as a gift
- Help grieving parents to flourish, to find hope and healing after losing a baby
How to Leave a Gift in Your Will
Leaving a gift in your Will is easy.
In most cases, you won’t need to make a new Will. These four steps are all that is needed.
- If you would like to speak to someone in confidence about leaving a gift in your Will, ask questions of our Legacy Advisor or obtain a John Paul II Centre Bequest Brochure, please email email@example.com or phone (03) 351 3225.
- After ensuring you have taken care of your loved ones in your will, consider the type of gift that best suits your intention to support us. You might decide to leave a percentage of your estate – which will keep pace with inflation – or gift a fixed amount, or a residue. Whatever way you choose to give, we want you to know that your generosity will make a difference to the families we assist, and ultimately to our culture.
- Contact your solicitor. If you have an existing Will, you may simply require a memorandum of your wishes, or a clause that provides an update of your wishes. For example:
“I give and bequeath the amount of $____to the John Paul II Centre for Life, located at 88 Idris Rd, Christchurch. NZ Charity Number 47334
- Contact us… please. We would love to be able to thank you in your lifetime for remembering the John Paul II Centre for Life in your Will. If you choose to, we can also keep you up to date with what’s happening. We recognise that the exact content of your Will is private. Anything you choose to share will be held in confidence.
We are deeply grateful for your generosity
Heartwarming stories of caring people like you who have take this step:
Carmel’s Story: As was my custom I came into the Chapel at the ProCathedral one Wednesday morning to attend Adoration and Mass. At the time I was working at the John Paul II Centre for Life. This particular day, I noticed that the elderly man whom I always greeted after Mass, was struggling with his mobility and walking unsteadily… read more