Natural Fertility Awareness
A woman’s body is amazing! Knowledge of how your body works and your natural fertility patterns is something every woman ought to have. Why? Because it can help you safeguard your reproductive health.
Having this knowledge also gives you a natural, non-invasive way to plan your family.
At our Pregnancy Centre we offer expert individual tuition in The Billings Ovulation MethodTM. This is a totally natural way for couples to achieve or postpone pregnancy. Evidence based reliability studies have shown that this method has a reliability rate which compares favourably to hormonal contraceptives, providing couples are committed and use the method correctly.
Our accredited tutors can help you to understand and have confidence in your unique fertility patterns to conceive or space your family according to your circumstances.
What are the benefits of using Fertility Awareness Based Methods?
• Shared responsibility by husband and wife
• Low cost
• No drugs, no harmful side effects
• Can be used throughout childbearing years
• Can be used in special circumstances such as post-partum, breastfeeding and peri-menopause
• Charting can help to reveal underlying health problems such as polycystic ovary syndrome, endometriosis and ovarian cysts.
• Charting abnormalities can be used to help diagnose causal factors when there is difficulty with conception
How can I learn to use the Billings Ovulation Method?
The best way to learn a FABM is from a qualified instructor. The John Paul II Centre for Life offers tuition in the Billings Ovulation TM Method. Our teachers are accredited with WOOMB International. To make an appointment with a local tutor, please phone 03 351 3227 during office hours.
For more information about Billings see: